In an ongoing effort to be organized and prepared, I have created a Blogging Notebook for myself. In case you are curious, and why wouldn’t you be curious? (Insert sarcastic expression here)
It includes the following:
- 3 Pocket insert – 1. For goals (traffic and content, among other things) 2. Scrap paper/small notebook (thin moleskin type)/pen and highlighter. 3. Random notes in topic section
- Monthly Calendar – Broad view of editorial plans.
- Weekly Calendar – Break down of the week ahead.
- To-Do Lists – Ongoing without any set time frame.
- Topics – Outlines for series and notes for upcoming posts.
- Blog Topic Forms – Helps me see I am meeting goals with each post.
- Contests – Possible giveaways
- Advertisements – Information on who, when, where and necessary steps.
- SEO Information – Record of where I am and ideas on how to improve and get where I want.
- Product Reviews – Ideas on upcoming reviews – once blog is better prepared.
For some people this may be overkill. For me it is a place to start and see how it goes. :0) With it all in one place I can easily grab it as I am headed out the door.