Recently I have noticed trouble maintaining my motivation to paint. I work a day job at a small rural community Public Library, where being motivated is rarely if ever an issue. I just do what I need to do and go home. But at home in the studio it is more of a challenge. it can be tough to stick to a working schedule when the reward is may not come for months, or even years.
For me I see myself as a marathon runner. At first it seems easy. as long as you put one foot in front of the other I will eventually arrive at my destination. but as you near the finish line the motion can be as if you are slogging through molasses.
I posted this quandary on my personal Facebook page. Here are some of the suggestions given to “…pulling yourself out of a funk and staying motivated”:
- Listen to Music
- Use Incense
- Step away and try another art form
- Organize your studio
- Spend time with small children to gain perspective
- Give into the need for a break and relax
- Use Qigong
- Think positive thoughts
- Get out of the studio and get a change of scenery
- Wine or other alcoholic beverage
- Do research instead
- Stop trying to swim upstream, grab your camera and look for inspirational photos