So supposedly the ideal image to have on Pinterest for marketing is vertical. It helps to gain more exposure due to the layout. But HOW do you go about making one fast and inexpensive?
I have Photoshop and Gimp, both of which can do pretty amazing things. But I prefer to use PicMonkey these days for quick edits that do not require more complicated results.
Looking at JUST creating the layout that is necessary, lets get started!
- First you need the images you want to include in the collage. It is a good idea to have them where you can easily locate them, such as on a folder in the desktop, or on a jump-drive.
- Go to Picmonkey.com and click on Create a Collage, click Open Photos and add the ones you want to include.
- Go down to the icon below Create a Collage, choose Biggie Smalls with the largest number of squares on the right. You can easily change the number of whichever one you choose, but for ease of starting lets stick with that has the most.
- Click Open and drop and drag the images where you want them. If you want to add text in an open space keep that in mind and do not place images in each one. (To remove a square go to that square and click on the X to delete. To add drop and drag you image to the space between the squares)
- Save the image by hitting Save, then Save Photo – Again in an place that you can easily locate.
- Close the project by hitting the X in the upper right hand side of the PicMonkey work area. Not the browser “X”
- Open PicMonkey again and this time click on Edit a Photo and open the collage you just made.
- Click on Crop and adjust to create the shape you desire, click on Apply.
- Add any text by clicking on the P, choose the desired font and click on Add Text. A text Box will appear on the screen. Make necessary adjustments in the size of the font and location of the text box.
- Hit Save, then Save Photo again to your desired location.
TA-DAH! Now you can upload the image you just made to your Blog or Pinterest.