Over the course of the next three months, I will be posting free lessons on drawing the human body. The following areas are covered:
- Building From Shapes
- Drawing The Portrait
Each lesson will come out on Tuesday, every other week. This post will start you off with a few resources for those wanting to get their feet wet right away. (Note: They are not affiliated links.) The suppliers below are only an option; you will be able complete the lessons with a standard sharpened 2B pencil (or mechanical pencil), a good eraser, and plain white copier paper.
Drawing Human Body Supplies:
- Dick Blick https://www.dickblick.com/
- Michael’s http://www.michaels.com/
- Raymar https://www.raymarart.com/
- Utrecht https://www.utrechtart.com/
- Amazon Drawing Supplies http://amazon.com
Drawing Human Body Books:
- “The Human Figure,” (Dover Anatomy for Artists) by John H. Vanderpoel, 1958.
- “An Atlas of Anatomy for Artists,” (Dover Anatomy for Artists) by Fritz Schider, 1957.
- “Figure Drawing for Artists: Making Every Mark Count,” by Steve Huston, 2016
- “Figure Drawing Master Class: Lessons in Life Drawing,” by Dan Gheno, 2015
- “Drawing Atelier – The Figure: How to Draw in a Classical Style,” by Jon deMartin, 2016
Drawing Human Body Online:
- Find a Life Drawing Session Near You, http://www.artmodelbook.com/figure-drawing-directory.htm
- “Draw This!” YouTube Life Drawing Sessions, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOVNvkn-f6BW18AvplWI8YA
The lesson on tools/marks will be available January 23rd, 2018. I hope to see you then!