As a crafter, fine artist, and Instructor, I am here to help fulfill your need for information that is affordable, and useful. I provide how-to information free of charge on our site in html, and others for purchase in PDF format. With PDF files and Adobe Reader, you easily print out only the information you need.
Thank you for visiting my site and I look forward to serving you! :0)
Diane Dobson-Barton lives in rural Kansas, works as an artist, writer, and teacher. Her never ending passion is that of mixed media, but her never ending ‘activity’ is finding room for all her latest 'art materials'.
She holds an Undergraduate Degree in Art Education and a Master’s Degree in Art. She often writes articles for various publications on Art, taught classes and workshops in various art mediums, and whenever possible creates art in her studio.
Diane is a skilled, talented, and resourceful artist with a strong background using traditional art materials, and computers. She is possesses self-motivation and follow through.
* Adobe Photoshop 6, 7, CS, CS2, CS3, Acrobat Professional, InDesign, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Flash and Contribute, Microsoft Word, and PageMaker
* Accomplished and recognized artist with work shown nationally and internationally in a wide array of shows
* Variety of awards given for art, including the Windsor and Newton Award
(Concise list given upon request)
* Work in private collections worldwide
* Skilled with oil, acrylic, pastel, charcoal, alternative photography, screen-printing, polymer clay and mixed media
* Experience working on commission with a wide array of clients
Writing and Organizational Skills
* On the board, including President, of the Southeast Kansas Artist Guild. Co-organized and presented seven art exhibits, 1991-1998
* Wrote to the Kansas Arts Commission grant and set up an after school arts program for Humboldt Kansas School District in 1999
* Wrote and presented with three Artist Grants from private foundations.
* Wrote and self-published four books on how-to of Art, Including a textbook on Black and White Photography
* Articles and art published by a variety of publications including Somerset, Altered Arts, Polymer Cafe and Expression
* VP of Communications and Editor of Altered for ISABA (International Society of Altered Book Artists) 2004-2005
* Taught private workshops/classes
* Adjunct Professor from 1994-2005
Neosho County Community College -Teaching Drawing, Life Drawing, Painting and Photography
Allen County Community College – Photoshop
Pittsburg State University – Design
* Substitute Teaching 1993-2000
Chanute, Iola, Moran and Humboldt, Kansas
Masters in Art, Pittsburg State University, 1998 (Broad-Based Studio: Printmaking, Drawing and Painting)
Bachelors of Science in Education, Pittsburg State University (With Honors), 1993
Certified K-12 Art Education
2-year Business Marketing Certification Neosho County Community College, 1990
Available upon Request