Artist's E-Books to Support and Inspire Creativity
*All images and words copyright of Diane Dobson-Barton dba as Barton Studio 2002-2007
Home / Shop / Free Articles
Basic Altered Book Journal
Discarded book - approx 5’ x 7”
White acrylic paint
Set of Alphabet stamps / or quote stamp
Black stamp pad
2 sheets of decorative paper –
Blank paper 8.5" x 11" -25 sheets
Coordinated (for instance all green, all purple etc…)
1 sheet of Mulberry paper
Fibers / Ribbon / Beads
Utility or craft knife
1” paint brush – painting cover
Small paint brush - to spread glue
Adjustable size stapler
Eyelets and eyelet punch
1. Make more then one signature.
2. Glue front and back pages of center signature to the section in front of and behind it.
3. Continue on with rest of the steps presented above.
1. Measure, mark, punch and insert 5 eyelets along one long edge of the cover.
2. Cut paper, envelopes and other material you wish to insert into the book, to size.
3. Line one page up under the cover and mark holes with pencil. Punch holes in all pages.
4. Line pages and cover, lace a fiber in and out of the eyelets to bind the pages together.
5. Continue with the rest of the steps presented above.
1. Paint surface of cover and/or tag with Modge Podge for added protection to the elements.